Monday, February 8, 2010

The CJ5 Project

Well, first of all, welcome to my Blog. This is my first endevor.

I am a 28 year old male. Married and living in New Orleans. I'm an active duty Army Engineer.

I started this blog to follow the repair, upgrade and work that I will be doing on my 1978 Jeep CJ5.

I've loved jeeps for many years and none more so than the CJ series. 6 years ago I started down the jeep road with a brand new 04 Wrangler, Rocky Mt. Edition. (the automatic..I Know, I Know......)After 4 years and thousands of dollars later I had an impressive off road machine: 4" ProComp Suspension Lift, 33in tires, Warn 8000 winch, KC lights, and Offroad roof rack. ( Pics coming soon) However at the time it was my only car and I was commuting over an hour a day. 12 mpg isn't that impressive especially when gas hit +$4 a gallon.

So I got rid of the TJ and promised myself that someday I'd get a classic. I longed for the simple design, the lack of a computer controlled system, and the timeless performance that is a Jeep.

So after years of looking and the loving understanding of my amazing wife ( who doesn't quite understand but laughs every time she sees the look on my face) I bought a 1978 Jeep CJ5 on Jan 31st.

That's all for now. Check back soon I'm going to post some pics and then we'll start talking about the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment